Monday, September 15, 2008

I guess I feel blessed...after all.

If you have a creative jobs and your work keeps you on the same patterns day after day you tend to loose the will to go outside the boundaries. I might have the chance to create new stuff everyday, but since most of my clients wants the same thing year after year I really have to dig deep when I am being asked for something completely crazy. That's what I spent my day on today, something that pushed me.
This guy called and asked for a crazy monster-with-huge-teeth-and-blood-and-flames and anything that will make him look like the guy your mother warned you about, painted on his lid. At first I was...scared. What am I going to do with that? I asked myself that questions for weeks and pushed that job aside because I had no idea how I was going to come up with something that extreme. Look, I do mostly European style, graphics with fluorescent colors type of painting. What this guy was asking was totally out of my daily routine. And to be honest I though it was a bit too much for a karting helmet. But, being the professional I am I decided to tackle that job with some punch and finesse. First, find a subject; monster...no thank you. I have been around the painting scene too long to know that this is totally 70's-80's and there was no way I was going to put my name on something like that. I needed a scary subject with subtle flare, something that give you shiver but still makes you wonder about...hum mm!
EVIL CLOWN!! That's it! An evil clown with long teeth and blood around the mouth, flames coming out of his head and blood splatters all around the helmet. If that's not scary enough for him, I don't what will do the trick. I will have an update with photos tomorrow. See ya!

No comments: